LIVE THE INCA CULTURE 7 DAYS
LIVE THE INCA CULTURE
- A carefully designed program for people whom will enjoy an introduction to Peruvian culture, history, nature, Peruvian Cuisine, adventure and fun. Never a dull moment.
- Live every moment walking on old cobble stoned streets relishing in the ambiance of the ancient cities and archeological sites. Interact in the local cultures of Cusco´s communities, participate in a traditional weaving demonstration and see how rural people till their lands.
- Stroll the through the Maras Salt Ponds with the salt evaporating from the mountain side. Culture and history visiting Ollantaytambo, one of the last Inca towns in Peru.
- After a magical visit of the stunning Machu Picchu Inca site feed you palette in the Tampu Restaurant in the Sanctuary Lodge near the Citadel.
- Lima the city of Kings with its Peruvian cuisine, pre-Inca ruins throughout the city and colonial and contemporary style.
Itinerary at a Glance
|Day 1||Arrival in Lima||City of kings|
|Day 2||Fly to Cusco-Sacred Valley||Awanacancha Textile Centre, Pisac ruins and market|
|Day 3||Machu Picchu||Weaving demo, Maras salt ponds and train to Machu Picchu|
|Day 4||Cusco||Explore the jewelry of Machu Picchu and train to Cusco|
|Day 5||Cusco||Visit the Temple of the Sun, the incredible Sacsayhuaman fortress and nearby ruins|
|Day 6||Fly to Lima||Visit Lima colonial and modern city|
|Day 7||Take your international flight|
Day 1 Arrive in Lima
Arrive in the Lima airport, where our staff waits to take you to the heart of the city, Miraflores. This beautiful coastal city was founded by Francisco Pizarro, January 18, 1535 as the City of Kings. It became the capital of Peru and the Spanish Viceroyalty of Peru. Lima is now renowned for Peruvian cuisine especially ceviche (seafood dish). Lima was declared UNESCO World Heritage in 1988.
Hotel in Lima
Day 2 Arrive in Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas
Transfer from your hotel to the airport of Lima for your flight to Cusco (3300m/10827ft) after your arrive where our staff will welcome you. Board our private transportation and drive to the Sacred Valley of the Incas which is at least 600m lower in elevation than Cusco so you can acclimatize better. On the way we will stop at the Awanacancha Weaving Center to see the weavers and observe llamas, and alpacas. Then continue passing the colonial town of Pisac and drive up the hill to the impressive Inca archaeological site (2972m/9751ft), overlooking the town and country side, with numerous agricultural terraces. Tour the Intihuatana (Sun Temple), a solar clock among a group of temples, ceremonial baths and water channels. Buffet lunch in a local restaurant in front of the Urubamba river. If you are a shopper, we could stop at the Pisac artisan market or continue to your hotel.
Hotel in the Sacred Valley
Day 3 Chinchero Textile Weaving – Maras Salt Mines – Lunch – Ollantaytambo The Inca Town – Train to Machu Picchu Village
Today we are going to visit the fabulous highland community of Chinchero (3,762m/12,340ft.) believed to have been a resort town for the Inca Emperor Tupác Yupanqui. We will watch a traditional colorful weaving demonstration in a local´s home. The people from this village live from farming, raising animals and weaving textiles. See them dying wool, spinning it into yarn and weaving it on their looms. You will have an opportunity to purchase some of their shawls (mantas), belts (watanas), and caps (chullos), amongst other items. Tours&Trekperu supports these people in the struggle to maintain their traditions and customs.
Then drive on a dirt trail down to the colonial town of Maras continuing around the mountain where you will catch stunning views of the white salt ponds below. Stop for picture! Once we arrive at the Salt Ponds (3,180m/10,433ft) we will walk around the ponds and taste the salty waters. There are about 3,000 wells which are left to evaporate and are gathered by hand without any machinery. Then we will have a buffet lunch in Tunupa Restaurant. After lunch drive to one of the original Inca towns of Ollantaytambo (2,792m/9,160ft) once a royal estate to the Inca Pachacutec. The ruins were built on the side of the mountain facing town. Be pleased with the quaint town that has water canals running along the homes. Tour the many structures such as the Temple of the Sun, the Royal Hall and El Baño de la Princesa (Princess Bath). Then visit a local´s home where you will observe the guinea pigs with a chance to feed them and learn of their traditions. Thereafter, we board our train to Machu Picchu village where we will relax in a comfortable hotel.
Hotel in Machu Picchu or Machu Picchu Village
Breakfast and lunch included
Day 4 Machu Picchu journey through time – Cusco
This morning after breakfast, we will take the shuttle bus up for a 25-minute ride to Machu Picchu one of the Seven Wonders in the World. Take pleasure in a professional guided walking tour visiting the citadel once lost in time. Our first visit will be of the guard house to observe the agricultural farming terraces, Funerary Rock where the Incas were mummified and catch spectacular views of Sungate up above and Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu below. Stroll to the extraordinary Temple of the Sun with exceptionally carved stones, The Sacred Plaza with the Temple of the Three Windows which features the huge trapezoidal windows. Walk up to the Intihuatana the solar clock and finally visit the temple of the Condor. Early rise and have breakfast before taking the bus for a 25-minute ride to the magical Machu Picchu one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Take pleasure in a professional guided walking tour visiting the citadel once lost in time. Our first visit will be of the guard house to observe the agricultural farming terraces, Funerary Rock where the Incas were mummified and catch spectacular views of Sungate up above and Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu below. Stroll to the extraordinary Temple of the Sun with exceptionally carved stones, The Sacred Plaza with the Temple of the Three Windows which features the huge trapezoidal windows. Walk up to the Intihuatana the solar clock and finally visit the temple of the Condor. Exit the park with your guide and have a delectable lunch in the Tunupa Restaurant in the Sanctuary Lodge. After a lovely feast we will go to Machu Picchu village and board our Vistadome train to the Ollantaytambo or Poroy station. Arrive and our private transport will be waiting to take us to Cusco.
Hotel in Cusco
Breakfast and lunch included
Day 5 Inca City Tour
Our guide will meet you in the morning or afternoon to start the historical visit of the Inca city of Cusco declared a UNESCO World Heritage in 1983. Stroll on the cobble stoned streets to the Plaza de Armas for a visit of the Cathedral built with stones from nearby Sacsayhuaman Temple. Then off to Qoricancha (court yard of gold) the most important Inca Sun Temple, once a glittering palace. Stroll to San Blas district considered to the bohemian part of town with many art stores with unique and strange art pieces. Afterwards, we drive above Cusco and visit the impressive Sacsayhuaman a religious sacred site for the Incas but was called a fortress by the Spaniards. Be in awe with the huge large wonderfully carved granite stones with boulders carefully chiseled to fit together. Thereafter, continue to Qenqo (labyrinth or zigzag) thought to have been used for rituals and to embalm bodies. Return to your hotel
Hotel in Cusco
Day 6 Cusco – Lima – Visit the City of Kings
This morning say farewell to the Inca City of Cusco with a transfer to the airport for your flight to Lima. In Lima our representative will be waiting to take you to your hotel situated in the heart of the city. In the afternoon we will start the fabulous tour of the City of Kings. Visit the classic historical sights, colonial and Inca influenced architecture, residential neighborhoods, beautiful shrines and churches and incredible panoramic seascapes. Admire the Lima Historical Center, the old side of the city and the capital of the Peruvian Vice Royalty. Stop at the “Kiss Park” (Parque Del Beso) built in a peculiar Gaudi style and enjoy a beautiful view of the Lima Bay. Next, you’ll head over to the residential district of San Isidro and pass the “Huaca Pucllana”, the famous ceremonial center built before the Spaniards arrived. Tour the main square and enjoy a view of the Presidential and Municipal Palaces, two immense buildings whose grandeur is sure to capture your fascination. Then, it’s on to the Cathedral for a visit of the tomb of the Spanish Conqueror Francisco Pizarro. Afterwards, we´ll visit the Monasterio San Francisco, home to the large underground catacombs said to connect the monastery with nearby churches. Finally, we will visit the most traditional residential areas in the capital: The Olive Grove of San Isidro, Miraflores and Larco Mar for spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean, the distinctive tourist Centre of contemporary Lima. Return to your hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Hotel in Lima
Day 7 Lima – Intenational Flight
Transfer to the airport for your international flight.
End of Services
- Day by day itinerary improved by you and your Tours&Trekperu travel designer.
- This itinerary is based in 2 people travelling together in double or twin occupancy.
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Your trip coordinator is available 24/7 for any assistance and needs that you may require.
- All in-country transfers as scheduled and
- all entrance fees for places mentioned in the program.
- Accommodation at your selected hotels.
- Private comfortable vehicles + professional drivers.
- Train: Round trip vistadome class train or similar.
- All meals indicated on the itinerary. Vegetarian diets accommodated on request (advance notification required). For other diets, consult your travel specialist before making a reservation.
- Our trip coordinator will be in care of the details of your trip: Changing money, check in at the different hotels, ideas of activities you can do on your free time, luggage storage, domestic flights reconfirmation, recommend restaurants, translation, etc.
- Our private tours are flexible, if you are exhausted you can change the time departure or reduce the visit time or change any activity in your program. We also want you to enjoy your hotel amenities.
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- International flights, nor local flights within Peru.
- Entrance: Huayna Picchu or Montana are not included.
- Tours, meals or other services not listed on the itinerary.
- Alcoholic beverages nor items of a personal nature; such as clothing, equipment, laundry and phone calls.
- Expenses incurred in trip preparation such as, but not limited to, non-refundable airline tickets, travel insurance, and additional expenses resulting from flight delays, schedule changes, cancellations, or missed connections.
- Tips to the local staff.
Our prices are per person in double occupancy (matrimonial or twin) in US dollars, thus if you want a single room you will need to add a supplement cost.
Occasionally, after coordinating your trip with our travel consultant, there could be slight changes in your itinerary or hotels because you want to spend more time in places that interest you, avoid long distances, have more free time or avoid tourist concentrations. These changes will increase or reduce the final price. It is important to mention that most hotels increase their rates during special holidays but our Travel Consultant will inform you and make other suggestions.
- +1-800-566-1305 – Toll-free – (USA/CAN)
- +51-84-650603 (to Peru).
- Skype: ttrekperu, ttrekperu2, ttrekperu3
- Live chat
- Whatsapp Carlos Ruiz +51 969168622
- Whatsapp Doris Freire +51 969290203
- Whatsapp Henry Apaza +51 969228980
>You might also like