AREQUIPA & COLCA CANYON 4 DAYS
AREQUIPA & COLCA CANYON
Arequipa, the second largest city of Peru full of history, culture, museums and churches. Stroll through the white city admiring the looming volcanoes of Misti, Chachani and Pichu Pichu. Explore Colca Canyon and experience ancient cultures, observe the mighty condors in flight in one of the deepest canyons on earth.
- Arequipa, the second largest city of Peru full of history, culture, museums and churches. Stroll through the white city admiring the looming volcanoes of Misti, Chachani and Pichu Pichu. Explore Colca Canyon and experience ancient cultures, observe the mighty condors in flight in one of the deepest canyons on earth.
Itinerary at a Glance
|Day 1||Fly from Lima to Arequipa||Pm Arequipa city tour visiting Santa Catalina monastery, Yanahuara colonial district, Carmen Alto viewpoint to see the volcanoes around the white city|
|Day 2||Colca Canyon||See vicuñas in Aguada Blanca Reserve and descend in the Colca canyon, La Calera hot spring visit|
|Day 3||Colca Canyon to Arequipa||Cruz del Condor see the mighty condors soaring over the Colca Canyon, colonial villagers and old churches|
|Day 4||Fly to Lima or Cusco or Juliaca||Private transportation to the airport|
Day 1 Arrive in Arequipa the White City – City tour with looming Volcanoes
Arrive in the Arequipa airport and our representative will be waiting to take you to your hotel in the center of the city. In the afternoon we begin the fantastic tour of the city of Arequipa known as the White City due to its many colonial-era buildings made from sillar, a white volcanic rock. Our first visit starts with the beautiful Colonial district of San Lazaro, the founding place of Arequipa. Then we will walk through the charming streets adorned with colorful flowers to the Carmen Alto viewpoint for an opportunity to see the wonderful landscape of agricultural terraces and the three volcanoes surrounding the city: Misti (5,825mt/19,106ft), Chachani (6,080mt/19,942ft) and Pichu-Pichu. Then, we will head for the Yanahuara Colonial district, famous for its Andalusia style church and its viewpoint surrounded by volcanic stone arches. Thereafter, we will go to the well-known Monastery of St. Catherine. This is a beautiful religious site home to the nuns of the Dominican Second Order that was closed to the public for nearly 400 years. It offers narrow alleyways, a peaceful plaza and gardens reminiscent of ancient Seville or Granada. Later we will visit the Main Square to see the lovely Basilica Cathedral of Arequipa, with its stone arches which date back to the 1500s. The structure has been rebuilt many times due to earthquakes and fires. You’ll then visit the Iglesia de los Jesuita (Church of the Society of Jesus), founded in the 17th century by Jesuits and known for its cloisters and Saint Ignacio Dome.
After this grand tour and you will return to your hotel.
Hotel in Arequipa
Optional extra cost: visit Juanita the Ice Maiden
Day 2 Colca Canyon the second deepest Canyon in the World 2 days
After a delicious breakfast we set off from your hotel and drive for about 4 hours to Chivay, the capital of the Colca Canyon region. We will drive by the Yura area, which borders the snow-capped Chachani Mountain. Our first stop will be at the National Reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca (Pampa Cañahuas) to observe the calm vicuñas, and alpacas living in the wild. Then continue driving taking in the spectacular landscapes that surround you. We will reach the view point of Chucura Patapampa (4800mt/15,748ft.) and be in awe with the electrifying volcanoes of Misti, Chachani, Sabancaya (active), Ubinas, Mismi, Hualca Hualca and Ampato (all around 6000m). Afterwards, we will descend towards the village of Chivay where we will have lunch before going to your hotel.
Hotel in Colca Canyon
Breakfast and lunch included
Optional extra cost: Visit the Calera hot springs.
Day 3 Cruz del Condor see the mighty Condors soaring over the Canyon – Arequipa
After a very early breakfast, we will depart from your hotel around 6:00am-6:30am and drive for about 1.5 hours to the view point of Cruz del Condor. Observe the beautiful vistas of Colca Canyon to see the tremendous Condors in flight or perched on the mountains ready for a picture. After, a glorious time we continue our drive and visit the towns of Pinchollo, Maca and Yanque with lovely colonial churches and the viewpoints of Choquetico and Antahuilque. From the viewpoints take in the gorgeous vistas of the terraces and pristine lagoons. We continue our drive until reaching Chivay to unwind and enjoy lunch before our departure to Arequipa.
Hotel in Arequipa
Day 4 Flight Arequipa – Lima
Today say farewell to Arequipa with a transfer to the airport or bus terminal.
- Day by day itinerary improved by you and your ToursTrekperu travel designer.
- This itinerary is based on 2 people travelling together in double or twin occupancy.
- Professional English speaking guide
- Your trip coordinator is available 24/7 for any assistance and needs that you may require.
- All in-country transfers as scheduled
- Accommodation at your selected hotels.
- All entrance fees for places mentioned in the program.
- Comfortable vehicles + professional drivers.
- Meals according the itinerary. Vegetarian diets accommodated on request (advance notification required). For other diets, consult your travel specialist before making a reservation.
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- International flights, nor local flights within Peru.
- Tours, meals or other services not listed on the itinerary.
- Alcoholic beverages nor items of a personal nature; such as clothing, equipment, laundry and phone calls.
- Expenses incurred in trip preparation such as, but not limited to, non-refundable airline tickets, travel insurance, and additional expenses resulting from flight delays, schedule changes, cancellations, or missed connections.
- Tips to the local staff.
Our prices are per person in double occupancy (matrimonial or twin) in US dollars, thus if you want a single room you will need to add a supplement cost.
Occasionally, after coordinating your trip with our travel consultant, there could be slight changes in your itinerary or hotels because you want to spend more time in places that interest you, avoid long distances, have more free time or avoid tourist concentrations. These changes will increase or reduce the final price. It is important to mention that most hotels increase their rates during special holidays but our Travel Consultant will inform you and make other suggestions.
- +1-800-566-1305 – Toll-free – (USA/CAN)
- +51-84-650603 (to Peru).
- Skype: ttrekperu, ttrekperu2, ttrekperu3
- Live chat
- Whatsapp Carlos Ruiz +51 969168622
- Whatsapp Doris Freire +51 969290203
- Whatsapp Henry Apaza +51 969228980
>You might also like