SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 2 DAYS
SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU
- The perfect trek for people with not time for the long Inca Trail or those who do not like camping. This is the best leg of the Classic Inca Trail experiencing trekking and visiting the highlights of Wiñay Wayna and entering through Sungate. Then the trophy of this hike a visit to one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Itinerary at a Glance
|Day 1||Start of the Inca Trail 104 KM Walking Distance: 13km or 8 miles Box Lunch INCLUDED||You will see the ruins of Chachabamba, Wiñay Wayna (Forever young) and Inti Punku (Sun gate) the entrance to Machu Picchu and tour of the citadel|
|Day 2||Rest in Aguas Calientes town to go early in the morning to Machu Picchu||Second visit to Machu Picchu them transfer to Cusco|
Day 1: Train to km104 – Fabulous hike to Wiñay Wayna & Machu Picchu
We will pick you up from your hotel very early in the morning and drive to the Poroy train station or Ollantaytambo train station to board the expedition train to Chachabamba at Km 104. Here we will walk to the check point to present our permits and passports. Then we start our fabulous walk around the Vilcanota River (Urubamba River) to visit one of the Inca archeological sites of Chachabamba that was discovered in 1940 – almost thirty years after Hiram Bingham found Machu Picchu. The triangular walls showed that they were once houses with thatched roofs believed to be a sacred site. Afterwards, we will continue with a gradual climb walking on Inca steps for about 3 to 4 hours until we reach the cloud forest. We will walk through lush vegetation until reaching the meadows. Thereafter, we hike to Wiñay Wayna (“forever young”, 2,650mt-8,692ft). WiñayWayna was an important administrative and agricultural center for the Incas. Enjoy a box lunch here whilst taking in the lovely views of the many terraces. After lunch we will continue hiking towards the cloud forest until we reach the Sungate (Inti Punku) to catch stunning vistas of Machu Picchu below. You will have plenty of time for pictures before walking down to Machu Picchu (2,400mt- 7,874ft). We will take a side trail to take the bus down to Machu Picchu village to spend the night in a comfortable hotel.
Hotel in Machu Picchu village
Box Lunch included
Walking Distance – 13km/ 8.08 miles
Approximate hiking time – 6-7 hours
Day 2: Tour of Machu Picchu – Tourist Train back to Cusco
You will be picked up from your hotel early in the morning to take the first bus for a 25 minute ride up to one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Machu Picchu. Take pleasure in a guided tour of the magnificent archeological site. Listen to your guide as he or she talks about the mysterious ruins. Visit the extraordinary Temple of the Sun with exceptionally carved stones, Temple of the Three Windows features huge trapezoidal windows, Intihuatana the solar clock which translates to the, Hitching Post of the Sun, Funerary Rock Hut believed to be a place where the Inca nobility were mummified, and the many temples, terraces, and corridors. Optional: (optional at an extra cost) After a glorious, eye and mind opening visit with your guide walk to the entrance of Huayna Picchu to climb a narrow path for about a 1.5 hours to catch terrific vistas of the Machu Picchu ruins and the valley below. Then take the bus down to Machu Picchu village before boarding the train to Poroy. You will be met at the train station by our staff and private transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
Contact us for the following extra costs:
Optional extra cost: Huayna Picchu or Montaña hike
Upgrade from Vistadome train to Hiram Bingham
Upgrade to a luxury hotel at an extra cost.
- Professional guide.
- One porter in charge to carry the box lunches.
- In the city you will have your trip coordinator is available 24/7 for any assistance and needs that you may require. She/he will be in care of the details of your trip: Changing money, check in at the different hotels, what activities you can do on your free time, luggage, local and return flight reconfirmation, translating, etc.
- First-aid kit, oxygen and walkie-talkies.
- Box lunch. Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, intolerant lactose diets accommodated on request (advance notification required). Bottled water during the trek. Alcoholic drinks are prohibited.
- Permits and entrance fees to the Inca Trail and Inca trail briefing before departure.
- All in-country transfers as scheduled and Vistadome class ticket train.
- Day by day itinerary improved by you and your ToursTrekperu travel designer.
- This itinerary is based in 2 people travelling together in double or twin occupancy.
- All of our treks are operated by ToursTrekperu.
- All trash produced during the trek returns to Cusco.
- Travel and health insurance (highly recommended)
- International flights, nor local flights within Peru.
- Entrance: Huayna Picchu or Montana are not included.
- Meals or other services not listed on the itinerary.
- Personal items like individual gear, room services, medicines, laundry, telephone calls, airline excess luggage charges, visa fees, vaccinations, etc.
- Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc., shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. If you cannot continue the trek due to physical or health reasons and you would require emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc., will be at passenger’s expense. You will be accompanied by one of our staff members back to Cusco or Machu Picchu. This is why we recommend purchasing travel and health insurance. This is money well invested! Trekperu will help you obtain all the necessary documents for you to file a claim with your insurance company.
- Tips to the local staff.
Our prices are per person in double occupancy (matrimonial or twin) in US dollars, thus if you want a single room you will need to add a supplement cost.
Occasionally, after coordinating your trip with our travel consultant, there could be slight changes in your itinerary or hotels because you want to spend more time in places that interest you, avoid long distances, have more free time or avoid tourist concentrations. These changes will increase or reduce the final price. It is important to mention that most hotels increase their rates during special holidays but our Travel Consultant will inform you and make other suggestions.
- +1-800-566-1305 – Toll-free – (USA/CAN)
- +51-84-650603 (to Peru).
- Skype: ttrekperu, ttrekperu2, ttrekperu3
- Live chat
- Whatsapp Carlos Ruiz +51 969168622
- Whatsapp Doris Freire +51 969290203
- Whatsapp Henry Apaza +51 969228980
>You might also like