ROMANTIC GETAWAYS 8 DAYS
Lima – Cusco – Valle Sagrado – Machu Picchu – Cusco – Lima
- Sweet visit of the Sacred Valley with its lush green valley surrounded by the lovely mountains.
- Explore the Moray agricultural circles resembling an amphitheater and then the Maras salt mines sprawled out in the center of the mountain.
- Discover Machu Picchu the mysterious archaeological site lost in time but rediscovered to the world. Fill yourself with its energy and love embracing you.
- Stroll on the cobble stoned streets of the ancient city of Cusco once the capitol of the Inca Empire observing the incredible blend of Incan and Spanish architecture.
Itinerary at a Glance
|Day 1||Arrive in Lima||City of Kings, Capital of Peru|
|Day 2||Lima -Fly to Cusco- Sacred Valley Urubamba||Awanacancha llama farm, Pisac ruins + colorful handicraft market|
|Day 3||Sacred Valley of the Incas||Breathtaking Maras salt ponds – Moray Circular Depressions – Inca town of Ollantaytambo|
|Day 4||Train Journey to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Town)||A dream come true, Magical Machu PIcchu|
|Day 5||Optional Huayna Picchu or Montaña – Train Journey – Cusco||Beautiful scenery and time at leisure in Cusco|
|Day 6||Cusco City Tour||Explore the Cathedral, Qoricancha, San Pedro local market, Sacsayhuaman and Qenko|
|Day 7||Cusco – Fly to Lima||Relax and enjoy the ambience of Lima at leisure|
|Day 8||Lima Gourmet Tour – International Flight||A tasty tour of Miraflores and Barranco, make Pisco and Cebiche, lunch in Huaca Pucllana Restaurant|
Day 1 Arrive in Lima the Capital of Peru
Arrive in the Lima airport, where our staff waits to take you to the heart of the city, Miraflores or spend the night in the airport hotel. This beautiful coastal city was founded by Francisco Pizarro, January 18, 1535 as the City of Kings. It became the capital and the Spanish Viceroyalty of Peru. Today Lima renowned for Peruvian cuisine especially ceviche (fresh seafood dishes).
Hotel in Lima
Day 2 Lima – Fly to Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas
Morning transfer to the airport for your flight to Cusco. Arrive in the City of the Incas and be whisked away to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Admire the lovely scenery of the surrounding mountains until reaching the Awanacancha Center to see the lovely llamas, alpacas and vicuñas. Continue to the Pisac ruins sitting on top of the hill for a visit of the Sun Temple and Ceremonial site. Take in the impressive agricultural terraces built on the hilltop. Then have lunch in a nearby restaurant. After lunch we will go to your hotel nestled in the valley and enjoy the hotel amenities.
Hotel in the Sacred Valley
Breakfast and lunch included
Day 3 Moray Circular Depressions – Taste the warm salt ponds of Maras – Ollantaytambo the Inca Town (optional Peruvian Paso Horseback riding)
Lunch in Wayra Restaurant
Today, after a delicious breakfast we will enjoy another day full of history and culture. Drive to Moray located on a high plateau at about (3500m/11500ft.) and just west of the village of Maras located below. Fix your eyes on the circular depressions which are in a large bowl with many terraces resembling an ancient Greek amphitheater. Catch your breath before driving down to the old colonial town of Maras (3380m/11090ft.) continuing around the mountain observing spectacular views below of the white salt ponds spread out. Stop for a picture! Arrive and enjoy a stroll along the side of the salt ponds with a dramatic appearance and taste the salt waters. The salt is still gathered by hand without using machinery. We will have lunch in the Wayra Restaurant serving a buffet selection of different meats, vegetables and more served at your table. Savor the lovely ingredients while watching a Peruvian Paso Horseshow. After lunch we will go to the Inca town of Ollantaytambo (2,792m/9,160ft) once a royal estate to the Inca Pachacutec. The ruins were built on the side of the mountain facing town. Be pleased with the quaint town that has water canals running along the homes. Tour the many structures such as the Temple of the Sun, the Royal Hall and El Baño de la Princesa (Princess Bath). Then visit a local´s home where you will observe the guinea pigs with a chance to feed them and learn of their traditions.
Hotel in Sacred Valley
Breakfast and lunch included
Day 4 Journey by Train to Machu Picchu Town – At last face to face with the Citadel of Machu Picchu, a dream comes true
This morning we will go to the Ollantaytambo station to board our train to Machu Picchu Town catching lovely views as we descend in elevation. Arrive and our guide will walk you to your hotel and assist with check in. We will take the shuttle bus up to one of the Seven Wonders of the World. We have lunch in the Tampu Restaurant in the Sanctuary Lodge. Then take pleasure in a guided walking tour, visiting the citadel once lost in time. Our first visit will be of the guard house to observe the agricultural farming terraces, Funerary Rock where the Incas were mummified and catch spectacular views of Sungate up above and Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu below. Stroll to the extraordinary Temple of the Sun with exceptionally carved stones, The Sacred Plaza with the Temple of the Three Windows which features the huge trapezoidal windows. Walk up to the Intihuatana the solar clock and finally visit the temple of the Condor. After a mesmerizing experience, feeling the energy of the past, we return to Machu Picchu Town.
Hotel in Machu Picchu or Machu Picchu Town
Breakfast and lunch included
Day 5 Sleep in – Travel by train to Ollantaytambo – Charming city of Cusco
Sleep in and enjoy a delightful breakfast. Then travel by train to the Ollantaytambo Station where our private transportation awaits to take you to the charming Inca city of Cusco. A free afternoon to explore the city on your own. Visit the museums, do some shopping for fine alpaca or just relax at the hotel spa.
Hotel in Cusco
Day 6 Tour the Capital of the Inca Empire – Afternoon at leisure
This morning we will discover the unique blend of Incan and colonial architecture, archaeology, history and culture. Our tour takes place in downtown Cusco (3,350m/10,990ft), with visits to the Cathedral in the Plaza de Armas with its outstanding collection of colonial art; considered the best repository of colonial art from the Cusco school. Then stroll the cobble stoned streets to Qoricancha, Temple of the Sun, a spiritual center of the Inca Empire. Now for a cultural blast visiting the San Pedro Market where the locals shop for vegetables, fruits, meats, magical potions, medicinal plants and more. After a colorful time we drive above Cusco for a visit of the immense Sacred Temple of Sacsayhuaman. Some sections of this place were first built by the pre-Inca Killke Culture around 1100. The Incas expanded this site in the 13th century constructing the huge stones. Since 1944 an annual theatrical representation of Inti Raymi is held on June 24 in Sacsayhauman. Continue to the Inca sites of Qenqo, Puca Pucara (Red Fort), and Tambomachay where fountains built by the Incas capture the waters of a natural spring. Return to Cusco to explore on your own some of the museums included in your tourist ticket.
Hotel in Cusco
Day 7 Farewell Cusco – Fly to Lima the City of Kings
Until we meet again Cusco. Transfer to the airport for your flight to Lima. Arrive and our representative will greet you with a smile and private transport to Miraflores close to all the tourist spots and fine restaurants. Settle in a take a walk on the boardwalk admiring the Pacific Ocean. Lima is renowned for its flavorful cuisine. Try a few dishes and Pisco.
Hotel in Lima
Optional extra cost: Larco Museum
Day 8 Lima Gourmet tasting delicious cuisine – International Flight
Wow today is a foody day! Let’s eat a part of Peru. We will have a wonderful over view of the City of Kings. Visit the local market and try some exotic fruits and meet the vendors. Then off to Barranco the bohemian district to try some organic roastery coffee or a fruit smoothie. Then a Cebiche and Pisco sour class with a top chef a top restaurant. After visiting the attractions of the city we have a delectable gourmet lunch in the Huaca Pucclana Restaurant amid the pre-Incan ruins of Huaca Pucllana. After lunch we will leave you in your hotel. Later on in the day depending on your flight say good bye to Lima with a transfer to the airport to connect to your international flight.
Breakfast and lunch included
End of services
If you have more time we recommend a visit to the Paracas National Reserve and Nasca Lines or a wine tour in Ica tasting Pisco. Paracas is a place for lovers with sunshine, beaches, wildlife, history and a chance to fly over the enigmatic Nazca Lines, a mind boggling experience.
- Day by day itinerary improved by you and your Tours&Trekperu travel designer.
- This itinerary is based in 2 people travelling together in double or twin occupancy.
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Your trip coordinator is available 24/7 for any assistance and needs that you may require.
- All in-country transfers as scheduled and
- all entrance fees for places mentioned in the program.
- Accommodation at your selected hotels.
- Private comfortable vehicles + professional drivers.
- Train: Round trip vistadome class train or similar.
- All meals indicated on the itinerary. Vegetarian diets accommodated on request (advance notification required). For other diets, consult your travel specialist before making a reservation.
- Our trip coordinator will be in care of the details of your trip: Changing money, check in at the different hotels, ideas of activities you can do on your free time, luggage storage, domestic flights reconfirmation, recommend restaurants, translation, etc.
- Our private tours are flexible, if you are exhausted you can change the time departure or reduce the visit time or change any activity in your program. We also want you to enjoy your hotel amenities.
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- International flights, nor local flights within Peru.
- Entrance: Huayna Picchu or Montana are not included.
- Tours, meals or other services not listed on the itinerary.
- Alcoholic beverages nor items of a personal nature; such as clothing, equipment, laundry and phone calls.
- Expenses incurred in trip preparation such as, but not limited to, non-refundable airline tickets, travel insurance, and additional expenses resulting from flight delays, schedule changes, cancellations, or missed connections.
- Tips to the local staff.
Our prices are per person in double occupancy (matrimonial or twin) in US dollars, thus if you want a single room you will need to add a supplement cost.
Occasionally, after coordinating your trip with our travel consultant, there could be slight changes in your itinerary or hotels because you want to spend more time in places that interest you, avoid long distances, have more free time or avoid tourist concentrations. These changes will increase or reduce the final price. It is important to mention that most hotels increase their rates during special holidays but our Travel Consultant will inform you and make other suggestions.
- +1-800-566-1305 – Toll-free – (USA/CAN)
- +51-84-650603 (to Peru).
- Skype: ttrekperu, ttrekperu2, ttrekperu3
- Live chat
- Whatsapp Carlos Ruiz +51 969168622
- Whatsapp Doris Freire +51 969290203
- Whatsapp Henry Apaza +51 969228980
>You might also like