LAKE TITICACA 3 DAYS
Departure from Cusco
- An excursion through the most unique landscapes on the planet. The day-long bus ride follows the “Collasuyo” road southeast to Puno on the shores of Lake Titicaca. This route traverses the Vilcanota River Valley before passing into the Altiplano, high mountain plateau. We will make stops in Andahuaylillas with its colonial era chapel that’s been called the “Sistine of the New World”, and other stops along the way. Visit the immense lake of Titicaca (actually an inland sea) is considered to be the point of creation in Inca mythology. Journey by motor boat to the Uros Islands built upon piles of totora reeds that are actually “floating” islands. Then a visit to the island of Taquile renowned for the exquisite quality of its textiles. A visit of the island and its people will take you back in time.
Itinerary at a Glance
|Day 1||Tourist bus from Cusco to Puno (Lake Titicaca)||Visit Andahuaylillas, stop in the archeological site of Racchi, Pucara museum, impressive view of Vilcanota range|
|Day 2||Puno||Board the boat and begin the Lake Titicaca visit visiting Uros the floating islands made from piles of totora reeds, continue to Taquile island to interact with the people famous of knitting techniques and still living under old Andean laws (No police there)|
|Day 3||Fly to Lima and connect to your international flight||On way to Juliaca airport stop in Sillustani burial towers beside of Umayo lake|
Day 1 Cusco – Puno
In the morning we will transfer you to the bus terminal and board your comfortable tourist bus. Our first stop will be in Andahuaylilas for a visit of the San Pedro colonial chapel which is known as the Sistine Chapel of South America. After, our visit we will continue to the archeological site of Raqchi with its famous Wiracocha Temple. Thereafter, we will stop in Sicuani to enjoy a delicious buffet lunch. We will board our bus and continue the adventure visiting La Raya (4,321mt/14,172ft) the highest point between Cusco and Puno where you will have stunning views of the Cordillera Vilcanota. Later we will visit the Pucara museum to admire the pre-Inca culture before continuing our drive to Puno. You will be met at the bus station in Puno by our staff member and transfer to your hotel.
Hotel in Puno
Options extra cost:
Fly to Juliaca and transfer to your hotel.
Peru Rail Titicaca Train departs from Cusco on Sundays, Wednesdays, Fridays
Belmond Andean Explorer (Luxury train) departs from Cusco on Tuesdays.
Day 2 Lake Titicaca Tour
The guide will collect you from your hotel early in the morning and transfer to the dock to board the motor boat to start your tour of Lake Titicaca the highest navigating lake in the world. We make our way to Uros the floating islands, made from piles of totora reeds. After our visit we continue to Taquile Island, one of the communities still living under the old Andean laws. We’ll see and admire their beautiful knitting techniques – finest of the region – and learn about the traditions of these Quechua-speaking people. In the afternoon, return to Puno and transfer to your hotel.
Hotel in Puno
Breakfast and lunch included
Day 3 Visit Sillustani Burial Towers– Juliaca Airport
This morning we depart from your hotel and drive to Sillustani for a visit of the burial towers which are an enigmatic grouping of round mausoleums, or chullpas, overlooking Lake Umayo. They probably date back from the Tiahuanacu period, although the style bears some resemblance to Inca stone work. Arrive in the Juliaca airport for your flight to your next destination.
End of Service.
Optional tours to inquire about: Amantani, Llachon, Kayaking
- Day by day itinerary improved by you and your Tours&Trekperu travel designer.
- This itinerary is based on 2 people travelling together in double or twin occupancy.
- Professional English speaking guide
- Your trip coordinator is available 24/7 for any assistance and needs that you may require.
- All in-country transfers as scheduled
- Accommodation at your selected hotels.
- All entrance fees for places mentioned in the program.
- Comfortable vehicles + professional drivers.
- Meals according the itinerary. Vegetarian diets accommodated on request (advance notification required). For other diets, consult your travel specialist before making a reservation.
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- International flights, nor local flights within Peru.
- Tours, meals or other services not listed on the itinerary.
- Alcoholic beverages nor items of a personal nature; such as clothing, equipment, laundry and phone calls.
- Expenses incurred in trip preparation such as, but not limited to, non-refundable airline tickets, travel insurance, and additional expenses resulting from flight delays, schedule changes, cancellations, or missed connections.
- Tips to the local staff.
Our prices are per person in double occupancy (matrimonial or twin) in US dollars, thus if you want a single room you will need to add a supplement cost.
Occasionally, after coordinating your trip with our travel consultant, there could be slight changes in your itinerary or hotels because you want to spend more time in places that interest you, avoid long distances, have more free time or avoid tourist concentrations. These changes will increase or reduce the final price. It is important to mention that most hotels increase their rates during special holidays but our Travel Consultant will inform you and make other suggestions.
- +1-800-566-1305 – Toll-free – (USA/CAN)
- +51-84-650603 (to Peru).
- Skype: ttrekperu, ttrekperu2, ttrekperu3
- Live chat
- Whatsapp Carlos Ruiz +51 969168622
- Whatsapp Doris Freire +51 969290203
- Whatsapp Henry Apaza +51 969228980
>You might also like