CUSCO & HIKING THE INCA TRAIL 7 DAYS
CUSCO & HIKING THE INCA TRAIL
A stroll around the Inca city of Cusco admiring the Incan and Colonial architecture.
Visit the impressive Sacsayhuaman with its large boulders.
Hike the famous Inca trail observing the ruins en route to Machu Picchu.
Tour the mysterious Machu Picchu one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- A stroll around the Inca city of Cusco admiring the Incan and Colonial architecture.
- Visit the impressive Sacsayhuaman with its large boulders.
- Hike the famous Inca trail observing the ruins en route to Machu Picchu.
- Tour the mysterious Machu Picchu one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Itinerary at a Glance
|Day 1||Lima arrival and connect to Cusco||Walking tours of the city and hike to Sacsayhuaman fortress|
|Day 2||Cusco||Pisac ruins and market, Ollantaytambo and Chinchero|
|Day 3||Begin the Inca Trail until Huayllabamba||Meet the porters, Patallacta ruins and Veronica mountain|
|Day 4||Hike to Pacaymayo||Incredible view from Warmiwanusca pass and Vilcabamba range|
|Day 5||Hike to Poshuyupatamarca (Means above de clouds)||Unforgettable visits of Runkuracay, Sayacmarca and Phuyupatamarca ruins visit|
|Day 6||Hike to Machu Picchu and train to Cusco||Visit Winaywayna and stunning Machu Picchu|
|Day 7||Fly to Lima and take your international flight|
Day 1 Arrive in Cusco – Incredible Cusco walking tour
Arrive in the Incas City of Cusco (3300m) where our staff will greet you and take you to your hotel.
Our guide will meet you in the afternoon and drive to the statue of White Christ where you will catch spectacular views of the beautiful city of Cusco below. Then we will walk to the nearby archeological site of Sacsayhuaman and be in awe with the huge boulders with its genius building. On our return we will walk passing San Cristobal until reaching the Plaza de Armas for a tour of the Cathedral with its fine art pieces. Then off to Qoricancha (Inca Sun Temple) to observe the favorite temple of the Incas. Return to your hotel.
Hotel in Cusco
Day 2 Full Day Sacred Valley Tour full of Culture
This morning at 8:00am our guide will meet you in your hotel and set off to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Take in the fabulous views along the way of the surrounding mountains, villages, and the flowing Urubamba River. We arrive into the colonial town of Pisac and continue to the impressive Inca archaeological site of Pisac (2972mt/9751ft), with many agricultural terraces, visit the top of the ruins and see the many tombs carved out of cliffs. After a fabulous time, we will drive down to the town of Pisac and enjoy the colorful artisan market with many stalls selling many handicrafts. Later we will drive to Urubamba to have a delicious buffet lunch. After lunch, we continue to one of the original Inca towns of Ollantaytambo (2792mt/9160ft) built by the Incas. You will see the quaint town with many water canals running along the homes. Visit the archeological site which has many structures such as the Temple of the Sun, the Royal Hall, the Intihuatana and the Banos de la Princesa (Princess Baths). We continue to Chinchero for a visit of the ruins if you are still up to it. Continue to Cusco arriving around 7pm.
Hotel in Cusco
Breakfast and lunch included
You may spend the night in the Sacred Valley
Day 3: Cusco – Piscacucho Km82 – Huayllabamba
This morning you will be picked up from your hotel at 06:30am and drive for about 3 hours from Cusco to Piscacucho Km 82 (2,670m/8,760ft) to start the famous hike. Here we will meet our porters, and camp crew to start the adventure. First we will have our passports ready to check in at the Inca Trail Check Point. Then we will cross the bridge over the Urubamba River to begin our adventure. We will follow the river on leveled terrain while taking in spectacular vistas of Mount Veronica (5.750m/18,865ft) and the beautiful vegetation along the way. On route we will see the Llaqtapata archeological site below and have time for pictures while your guide provides the history behind the complex. Our hike will continue through farmland until we reach our campsite of Huayllabamba (2,925m/9,154ft).
Meals L, D
Walking Distance – 12Kms or 8 miles
Approximate hiking time – 6-7 hours
Minimum Altitude: 2,680m/8,790 ft.
Maximum Altitude: 3,000m/10,824 ft.
Day 4: Huayllabamba – Llulluchapampa – Dead Woman´s Pass – Pacaymayo
This morning you will have a hearty, energetic breakfast to prepare you for the most challenging day of the trek. We will start the hike early in the morning walking through the sub- tropical forest going up to Llulluchapampa. Then continue climbing up the steep trail for about 4 to 5 hours reaching Abra Huarmihuañusca/’Dead Woman’s Pass’ (4200m/13779ft.) We will stop along the way to catch our breath and enjoy the fantastic vistas ahead of us. Finally, you will feel triumphant to have achieved a tremendous climb uphill. Here you will rest and enjoy the surreal views of the mighty Andes mountains. Thereafter, we will descend for about 3 hours to the Pacaymayo Valley (3,500mt/11.480ft), our next campsite. Enjoy the stunning views of the nearby waterfall and the snow covered peaks.
Meals B, L, D
Walking Distance – 12Kms or 8 miles
Approximate hiking time – 7 to 8 hours
Minimum Altitude: 3,000m/ 9,840ft.
Maximum Altitude: 4,200m/13,780ft.
Day 5: Pacaymayo – Sayacmarka – Phuyupatamarca
After an early breakfast we will start our longest walk of the trek, on a well preserved paved path to the stunning Inca archeological site of Runkurakay which is a peculiar circular Inca building. Then continue our final climb to the Runkurakay pass (3,670m/12,598ft) to see the breathtaking mountain range. Thereafter, we start walking downwards to reach the Sayacmarca Inca Ruins (3600m/11,811ft.) to have lunch nearby. Later we will walk through the beautiful scenic cloud forest with many colorful birds, orchids and more, until reaching Phuyupatamarca (Town of clouds) (3630m/11,909ft). From here you will see wonderful views of the Salkantay Mountain. We will enjoy walking and observing the Phuypatamarca Ruins, a sophisticated sacred complex made up of water fountains with solid foundations. Our campsite is located near the ruins.
Meals B, L, D
Walking Distance – 16Kms or 10 miles
Approximate hiking time – 8 to 9 hours
Minimum Altitude: 2,700m/8,856ft
Maximum Altitude: 3,750m/ 12,300ft
Day 6: Phuyupatamarca – WiñayWayna – IntiPunku – Machu Picchu Marvel – Cusco
Today, we will enjoy breakfast and weather permitting delight in a glorious sunrise on the Inca Trail. Then we’ll say goodbye to our porters as they transport the equipment back to Cusco. Thereafter, we will begin our long walk down about 2,000 stone steps to Wiñay Wayna (“forever young”, 2,650m-8,692ft). We will visit Wiñay Wayna an Inca site with upper and lower house clusters and many agricultural terraces or the Intipata Ruins, place of the sun, before continuing our hike up along a trail of flat stones to IntiPunku. Arriving there (“sun gate”), we’ll pause to rest with plenty of time to photograph the first overview of the Sacred Machu Picchu. From Intipunku, it’s a short hike down to the magical Sanctuary´s entrance (2400m/7,874ft) to start our tour of the citadel. Take pleasure in a professional guided walking tour, visiting the citadel once lost in time. Our first visit will be of the guard house to observe the agricultural farming terraces, Funerary Rock where the Incas were mummified and catch spectacular views of Sungate up above and Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu below. Stroll to the extraordinary Temple of the Sun with exceptionally carved stones, The Sacred Plaza with the Temple of the Three Windows which features the huge trapezoidal windows. Walk up to the Intihuatana the solar clock and finally visit the temple of the Condor. After a mesmerizing experience, feeling the energy of the past, exit the park with your guide to have lunch in the Tampu Restaurant in the Sanctuary Lodge. After lunch return to town with your guide to take the Vistadome train with panoramic windows to the Ollantaytambo or Poroy station. Upon arrival in the station we will whisk you to your hotel in Cusco.
Hotel in Cusco
Meals B, L
Walking Distance – 8Kms or 5 miles
Approximate hiking time – 5-6 hours
Minimum Altitude: 2,400m/ 7,874ft
Maximum Altitude: 2,700m/ 8,858ft
Day 7 Farewell Cusco!
Morning or afternoon transfer to the airport for your flight to your next destination.
End of Services
- Accommodation of your choice.
- Tours as per program with entrance tickets.
- In the city you will have your trip coordinator is available 24/7 for any assistance and needs that you may require. She/he will be in care of the details of your trip: Changing money, check in at the different hotels, what activities you can do on your free time, luggage, local and return flight reconfirmation, translating, etc.
- Professional guide, Chef, porters to carry the tents, food, cooking equipment, sleeping pad, kitchen/dining tents, tables, stools, and all kitchen gear.
- One porter in charge exclusively to keep the bathroom clean.
- Porters to carry your personal belongings in the duffle bag we provide 8kilos/16 pounds per person.
- Eureka Expedition or North Face V-25 tents for overnight, inflatable thick mattress (therma rest) 2.5 inches, pillow, dinning tent, kitchen tent, biodegrade soap, portable chemical biodegradable toilet safe for the environment, First-aid kit and oxygen, walkie-talkies.
- Satellite phone on trail.
- Menu to choose before the trek. Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, intolerant lactose diets accommodated on request (advance notification required). For other diets, consult your travel advisor before making the reservation.
- Alcoholic drinks are prohibited, unfortunately since January 2019, the authority that controls the National Park prohibited the transport and consumption of alcoholic drinks on trek.
- Permits and entrance fees to the Inca Trail.
- All in-country transfers as scheduled, touristic train service is included and upgrade Vistadome class train, according to your requirement.
- Comfortable private vehicles with professional drivers.
- Day by day itinerary improved by you and your ToursTrekperu travel designer.
- This itinerary is based in 2 people travelling together in double or twin occupancy.
- All of our treks are operated by ToursTrekperu.
- Inca trail trip briefing before departure.
- All trash produced during the trek returns to Cusco.
- Domestic flights. (we can book for you)
- Any expenses incurred in preparing for the trip, such as, but not limited to, non-refundable airline tickets or travel insurance, nor additional expenses encountered as a result of flight or train schedule changes, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, acts of God or war.
- Personal items like individual gear, sleeping bag, medicines, laundry, telephone calls, etc. If you will request one, please send us your height.
- US$20.00 per person Walking Pole set
- US$25.00 per person Sleeping Bag with liner. Top quality Marmot sleeping bags -17C (1.4 F).
- US$30.00 Single Tent
- US$85.00 per person Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain.
- Travel Insurance we highly recommend it.
Our prices are per person in double occupancy (matrimonial or twin) in US dollars, thus if you want a single room you will need to add a supplement cost.
Occasionally, after coordinating your trip with our travel consultant, there could be slight changes in your itinerary or hotels because you want to spend more time in places that interest you, avoid long distances, have more free time or avoid tourist concentrations. These changes will increase or reduce the final price. It is important to mention that most hotels increase their rates during special holidays but our Travel Consultant will inform you and make other suggestions.
- +1-800-566-1305 – Toll-free – (USA/CAN)
- +51-84-650603 (to Peru).
- Skype: ttrekperu, ttrekperu2, ttrekperu3
- Live chat
- Whatsapp Carlos Ruiz +51 969168622
- Whatsapp Doris Freire +51 969290203
- Whatsapp Henry Apaza +51 969228980
>You might also like