NORTHERN COAST ODYSSEY 4 DAYS
NORTHERN COAST ODYSSEY
- Exploring the pre-Inca, Northern Kingdoms of Peru which are less traveled.
- Trujillo known for its delicious cuisine and the Moche civilization with its many pyramids.
- Get to know the Lady of Cao, thought to have been a leader of the Moche.
- Meet the Lord of Sipan with his intricate silver and copper ornaments.
Itinerary at a Glance
|Day 1||am Fly from Lima to Trujillo||Pm Visit the Temple of the Moon, important religious centre, pyramid shape, A tomb was uncovered here, with over 40 sacrificed warriors. A top its strong adobe surface the are remains of large multi-colored murals, where the face of the Moche God, Aia Apaek is depicted.|
|Day 2||Private van to Chiclayo||Visit Huaca Dragon and Arco Iris, Chan Chan one of the most largest adobe ancient cities in the world, lunch in front of Pacific ocean, stop at Sacred Pyramid El Brujo and its human sacrifices murals and Lady of Cao mummy a leader of Moche culture|
|Day 3||Chiclayo||Visit the Tomb of the Lord of Sipan in Huaca Rajada pyramid, Sican museum and the valley of the pyramids in Tucume|
|Day 4||Fly to Lima and connect to your international flight||Transportation to Chiclayo airport (end of services)|
Day 1 Flight from Lima to Trujillo – Pm Visit Temple of the Moon
Morning flight to Trujillo. Arrive and our staff will transfer you to your hotel to relax and enjoy lunch before starting our tour. In the afternoon will visit the Pyramid of the Temple of the Moon dating back to the Moche period. Admire the beautiful ancient colorful mural paintings at the Temple of the Moon. It is believed to have been a ceremonial and religious center with many religious designs and altars that were used for human sacrifices. After a wonderful time, we will return to your hotel.
Hotel in Trujillo
Day 2 Huaca del Dragon – Chan Chan – Huanchaco Beach – El Brujo – Museum of Cao – Private bus to Chiclayo city
This morning, our first visit will be of the Huaca del Dragon known as the Huaca del Arco Iris which is near Chan Chan. It is a small site with interesting rainbow motifs. We continue to the world heritage site of Chan Chan, the capital of the Chimu Civilization, that is one of the largest pre-Columbian adobe cities in South America. They had engineering methods that were unknown in Europe and North America. This civilization is known for their pottery and metal working skills. Stroll through the city which was adorned by dramatic reliefs, sculptures, and wall carvings. Afterwards, we will go to Huanchaco, a fishing village and beach town known for its caballitos de totora (little reed horses). We will enjoy delicious typical dishes like Ceviche or other. After lunch, we will journey to the sacred pyramid temples of El Brujo located on an arid beach area. This complex is said to have been built by the Moche civilization. Admire its murals of the warriors with prisoners, ceremonial designs, human sacrifice and others. Then we will visit the amazing discovery of the mummy, Lady of Cao, thought to have been a leader of the Moche. After going back in time we will continue to Chiclayo.
Hotel in Chiclayo
Breakfast and lunch included
Day 3 Visit the Lord of Sipan – Museum of Sican – Tucume – Back to Chiclayo
We begin our morning with a visit of the Huaca Rajada, where the tomb of the Lord of Sipan was found back in 1987. It is known as the richest tomb of the new world which contained gold, silver and other valuable aritfacts. The tour includes the visit of the onsite museum. We will tour the pyramids with its tombs and chambers specified according to hierarchy and importance. En route to Tucume we will visit the Sican museum where we will see replicas of the Sican tombs and more. We will visit Tucume, known as the Valley of the Pyramids, which is considered as an important political and religious center. Return to your hotel.
Hotel in Chiclayo
Breakfast and lunch included
Day 4 Discover Museum Tumbas Reales (Lord of Sipan) – Fly to Lima
In the morning we will visit the Tumbas Reales Museum, one of the best in Peru, which houses the amazing treasures of the Lord of Sipan. Be mesmerized by the intricate displayed silver and copper pieces, bead ornaments, masks, and more. After our visit we continue to the airport for our flight to Lima and connect to your international flight.
Note: There are many flights from Lima to Cusco and you can connect to Cusco. Arrive in Cusco where our staff will be waiting to take you to your hotel.
- Day by day itinerary improved by you and your Tours&Trekperu travel designer.
- This itinerary is based on 2 people travelling together in double or twin occupancy.
- Professional English speaking guide
- Your trip coordinator is available 24/7 for any assistance and needs that you may require.
- All in-country transfers as scheduled
- Accommodation at your selected hotels.
- All entrance fees for places mentioned in the program.
- Comfortable vehicles + professional drivers.
- Meals according the itinerary. Vegetarian diets accommodated on request (advance notification required). For other diets, consult your travel specialist before making a reservation.
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- International flights, nor local flights within Peru.
- Tours, meals or other services not listed on the itinerary.
- Alcoholic beverages nor items of a personal nature; such as clothing, equipment, laundry and phone calls.
- Expenses incurred in trip preparation such as, but not limited to, non-refundable airline tickets, travel insurance, and additional expenses resulting from flight delays, schedule changes, cancellations, or missed connections.
- Tips to the local staff.
Our prices are per person in double occupancy (matrimonial or twin) in US dollars, thus if you want a single room you will need to add a supplement cost.
Occasionally, after coordinating your trip with our travel consultant, there could be slight changes in your itinerary or hotels because you want to spend more time in places that interest you, avoid long distances, have more free time or avoid tourist concentrations. These changes will increase or reduce the final price. It is important to mention that most hotels increase their rates during special holidays but our Travel Consultant will inform you and make other suggestions.
- +1-800-566-1305 – Toll-free – (USA/CAN)
- +51-84-650603 (to Peru).
- Skype: ttrekperu, ttrekperu2, ttrekperu3
- Live chat
- Whatsapp Carlos Ruiz +51 969168622
- Whatsapp Doris Freire +51 969290203
- Whatsapp Henry Apaza +51 969228980
>You might also like